How do I apply for the tax credit? What tax form do I need for the energy efficiency tax credits?

For products "placed in service" in 2013, you need to file the 2013 version of IRS Form 5695 and submit it with your 2013 taxes (by April 15, 2014).

On the 1040 form you enter this tax credit from Form 5695 (the residential energy tax credit) on line 52.

Save your receipts and the Manufacturer's Certification Statement for your records.

Submit Form 5695 with your 2013 taxes.




Rating:Rating of 1 Stars2035 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 23002-16629
  • Date Created: 12/29/2006
  • Last Modified Since: 2/20/2014
  • Viewed: 1546977
Welcome Guest